Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hospital Time!

Not for me--for Andrew! Andrew thought I would like some delicious finger with my char siu (Chinese barbecue pork) on Saturday. Well, I didn't, but I did want to eat some food before we went to the ER for stitches and a tetnis shot, since I know how long it can take to go to the ER. Yes, I am a compassionate wife.

Andrew Hospital_021
Andrew getting his temperature, pulse, and blood pressure taken. It is his first personal visit to the Emergency Room!

Andrew Hospital_022
All checked in, complete with wristband.

Andrew Hospital_023
Pouting cuz he has to wait so long. I told the staff that we could be at the bottom of the emergency priority list, since we were mainly there for the tetnis shot. At least we got to watch the Olympics.

Andrew Hospital_025
The doctor gluing Andrew and his "left digit laceration" back together. That glue stuff is great! You can wash your hands and it doesn't go away. Super cool!

Andrew Hospital_026
It was very traumatic for him.

As you can see, we had an exciting Saturday night. We hung out for about two hours before we went home.

It seems like we have gone to the hospital a lot lately. Probably cuz my doctor appointments are all there. I think we should see if there is a clinic closer to us that is open in the evenings on weekends, but it was still only 20 minutes away, so not bad. Andrew also teases me about how I always hurt myself. This is true. I am always stubbing my toe and slicing it open, but it is never bad enough to need stitches or a shot. Last time I went to the ER for my own injuries was in Hong Kong when I had a "corneal abrasion". Andrew went in December for his kidney ultrasound (but not to the ER). I think we can therefore conclude that Andrew goes to the hospital for treatment more than I do, since he's been twice in the last year. Now that I've said that, I will probably go to the hospital for treatment soon. Hopefully that will be in three months! (aka, when the baby is due)

No comments: