Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Trip to Utah

It was a fun time in Utah. There were many parties (I love parties) and seeing friends. I am so amazed at how I'd only been gone for three months and so much has changed with everyone! Life goes on for everyone, and it is impossible to keep up to date with everyone you love. Just trying is a challenge, but it is rewarding to still love people after months and even years.

I went to the Farmer's Market in SLC with my parents and Leslie. This guy was playing the dijeridoo (or however it is spelled).
Utah Aug 2012_027

Utah Aug 2012_031
Leslie having a near-death experience at City Creek Mall.

Utah Aug 2012_033
The trout inside City Creek Mall. Leslie said, "How did they get the trout there?" And I made a joke. "Oh, you know, the Utah Department of Fish and Wildlife came in their helicopter and dropped the fish into the mall the way they do when they stock a lake. But the poor trout hit the glass ceiling and died so they had to bring them in in wheelbarrows." Unfortunately, my family didn't find it funny. Andrew did though. He understands.

So, sorry those who love it--not super impressed by City Creek. The stores were ones I would never shop at (too expensive) and it wasn't that cool of a mall. Maybe I just am not much of a shopper. I don't think it is worth all the hype it has gotten for its opening and since then.

And Saturday night I drove to Park City all by myself for the first time ever to celebrate the wedding of Andrew and Bree. Congratulations!
Utah Aug 2012_036

And coming back into Kaysville, I saw this fire on the mountain.
Utah Aug 2012_038
It was in Layton but they got it all under control pretty fast.

Monday! We had a barbecue and baby shower and birthday party with my family. It was great to see everyone and I got a haul!
Utah Aug 2012_048

Utah Aug 2012_050
Opening presents and looking like a dork.

On Tuesday I drove to Logan and visited friends and met babies.

Utah Aug 2012_067
Calvin--so chill, sometimes I even forgot he was there.

Utah Aug 2012_068
Kaylee--she used to love me but seemed rather wary of me. That's what three months does to you when you aren't even two years old.

Utah Aug 2012_070
And I had a fun shower with friends and, once again, it was great to see everyone.

Utah Aug 2012_071
John--love the big eyes :)

Utah Aug 2012_072
Me, Annie, and Audrey--Audrey was so sweet to want to come see me! I wish Andrew could have come so they could have played together.

Utah Aug 2012_075
The Logan Temple at twilight.

On Thursday, I had a shower with Andrew's family.

Big Andrew skyping with Kaleb and Olya's cute kids, Little Andrew and Emma.
Utah Aug 2012_080
FYI--I absolutely LOVE this picture and it was one of my favorite moments of the trip.

Utah Aug 2012_081
Little Andrew playing with naked Barbies with Glenn.

Utah Aug 2012_088
Me and Aunt Meagan. She is due the day before me and is having a boy. The plan is to have our babies on the same day.

And I had to get all my loot home.

Utah Aug 2012_091
I impressively fit everything in my suitcase. It weighed in at 51 pounds. The nice man at SkyCap didn't make me take anything out. I must have looked appropriately and pathetically pregnant.

And that was my trip to Utah. Fun times! But I was very glad to get back to Andrew.

Come visit us if you are in the Seattle area!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I can't believe you fit everything in your suitcase! You are amazing! It was great to see you!

Melanie said...

Baby Calvin is so cute! Troy is in mine and Ross's institute class. I haven't met Calvin yet though. And I thought the architecture of City Creek was pretty cool, as well as the Disney Store. And your trout story was funny. :)