Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hong Kong Day 8 (Saturday)

This was our last day in Hong Kong, and it sure started with a bang.

I got to go to the hospital! Yay!

Here I am, at 2-3 a.m., in pain. It was awesome. I had a corneal abrasion and it was awesome. Let me tell you, going to the hospital that early is so great cuz no one is there. Andrew thought I was a baby, but it really hurt.

In the train, we saw this awesome sign:

Makes you want to get a hair transplant, doesn't it?


These are the MTR trains. I really liked riding the train.

We rode out to Yuen Long. It is a "rural" part of Hong Kong and where Andrew spent a good deal of time.

We had breakfast with these great people. Andrew, me, Joyce, the Filipina helper's friend who kept saying I have an amazing life because I live in America, and Angela (in the wheelchair). Angela was so sweet and loves missionaries. She spoke really good English. She told us not to come back until we have a baby to show her.

And then we went to the end of the MTR line to Tuen Muen and walked around a bit. I think it was Andrew's first area.

This is the Church.

I told Andrew that if we lived in Hong Kong, I would want to live out here. I liked that it wasn't as busy and I thought the countryside was beautiful. He reminded me that even fewer people speak English here. I guess if we moved to Hong Kong I would have to learn Cantonese.

See--rural.


Those buildings in the distance are in mainland China.

That evening, the Bishop Lee of the Sha Tin ward invited us to a dinner party.
I can't name everyone, but I came to love them a lot. I would also live in Sha Tin.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

So fun! I'm sorry you had a corneal abraison. How do they fix that?