Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Two Zillion Tulips

In Washington, we planned to spend two days apartment hunting, but we found an apartment that we really liked on the first day, so we had an extra day to play. Andrew found a Tulip Festival in Skagit Valley and we decided to go. I was happy to know you could grow tulips in the Pacific Northwest, since I had heard somewhere that the bulbs rot in the ground because of the rain, so you have to supposedly dig them up each year. I learned that such is not the case, and that tulips and daffodils grow quite well there!









Tulips growing in a tree...


Me amongst the daffodils--my favorite flower!



Seeing all of those tulips and daffodils was really fun. They are such beautiful flowers in small quantities, and they are stunning in large quantities. It made me want to go to The Netherlands sometime to see their tulips.

Happy Springtime!

1 comment:

Annie O Castro said...

those pictures are beautiful!!