Monday, May 23, 2011

Hong Kong Day 7 (Friday)

Warning: A ton of freaking amazing pictures of Big Buddha shrouded in mist are on their way.

On Friday we went to Lan Tau Island.

We rode in these cable cars. Some of them had glass floors but no one wanted to get it. It could have been cool.

That a little cemetery on the mountainside. Lan Tau is a very rural place.



Soaring over the countryside! It was exquisitely beautiful up there. I loved how we went in and out of the mist!
Andrew, me, Heidi, and Julie in front of Big Buddha.


So cool.

And now some pictures to show just how cute and touristy I am. :)


Andrew takes great pictures of flowers. In fact, all the pictures from today are his.



We climbed a huge staircase to Buddha.
Why hello there, Buddha.

High Five Buddha!

Another great picture. I think this is at the actual temple.



The ladies with our fans. :) I sure loved Calvin for giving me his fan! And then they bought matching ones at the store near Big Buddha.

Buddha in the mist again:



And then...
A random cow walked down the street. Whatever cow. Whatever.

Then we rode a bus to a little fishing village called Dai O.


Some tidal wetland.

The village.


My feet really hurt at this point. I think all us girls were happy to sit and wait for the bus while Andrew wandered around and took pictures of the village. We did look at the wetland, but we were so pooped at this point!

In the evening, we met up with Dick and Sanina (we went to their wedding reception) and returned to the Harbour for the light show.


Me and Andrew--ah, love in Hong Kong.


Dick and Sanina. :)

On the way home we saw a frog. I am glad we didn't step on him!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm also happy you did not step on that little frog. And I thought Buddha was fat? I'm confused. But that is ok. I like the matching fans. And the high five to Buddha.

A and H said...

Your trip looks like it was a blast! My brother-in-law served with your husband for a little bit in Hong Kong. His name is Bryan Hardy. I told him you guys went back and he is EXTREMELY jealous.

Damaris said...

Thanks for sharing all your pictures. What a fun trip!