Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My First (and I Pray Last) 2:00 AM Blog Post

I usually am a patient person. I also usually fall asleep quickly. And I, of all people, struggle with the rules of "quiet hours" in an apartment building.

But this is ridiculous.

The people who live on top of us are way noisy. But not during the day. No, that would be too nice.

Last night, 10:40 PM or so, they are running up and down the stairwell.

Then a few minutes later, they begin to hammer nails into the cinderblock wall. Andrew is asleep so I can't ask him about the ability of cinderblock to carry sound, but I can tell you that it VERY good at conducting sound. Little kids should give up their cans with strings to them and start doing Morse Code through cinderblocks.

Around 11:05, when I'm trying to fall asleep (which usually takes 2 minutes to do), they are talking loudly, making milkshakes, and having footraces or something that sounds like running in their apartment.

Now, it is 2:04, and I can hear their TV. It is loud and it is on. It should be neither of those.

I am not a night person. I am a morning person.

From now on, I will not hesitate to vacuum, use the blender, or practice my Phantom of the Opera singing at 6 AM when normal people are awake.

Good night, I'm going to try to go back to bed. Ha, ha ha.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I'm sorry Sarah, that's rough. Are you going to complain to, or about, them? Sadly we are the noisy upstairs neighbors but that's mostly Sophie's fault and she stops being noisy by 8 pm.

ScottBoomer said...

I write posts and comments all the time at 2:00 am. Whats the big deal