Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fishing Post - Again

I must be getting obsessed -- this is my second post about fishing in like two weeks, and I can guarantee another this month -- but I am falling in love with fishing! (I am sure that I have mentioned this before.) I think that I will have to dedicate a Facebook photo album to this fun thing.

Anyway, this morning, Greg (my cousin), Stacy (his wife), and I (Sarah) woke up early and went fishing at 6 a.m. We went to First Dam. Where Greg caught this monster:

It was his first fish! Seriously, who catches a 20" brown trout that is old and worn for their first one? I think he was the king of First Dam, and Greg has ended his reign. Now some other fish will have to be the monster.

We wanted to let him live a longer and happy life, but he didn't revive when we put him in the water, so Greg kept him. He joked about taking him to the taxidermist. Can anyone say, "fish eating par-tay"?

Then we went to Second Dam.


Stacy also caught a fish. It was a normal-for-the-Logan-River-sized rainbow trout. This picture is freaking cute and mostly awesome. Now can anyone else say, "Christmas card!"?


Me fishing at Second Dam. It was kind of funny to watch the fish. They would follow my worm and then at the last minute decide they didn't want it. One fish even ran into my line, which made me laugh really hard. I got 3 bites, but no hooks.

Until I said, "Two more casts," which I only said cuz I still needed to get ready for work at the WHQ.

And then...

Caught ya! A normal sized rainbow trout. May I just say that I am the cutest fisherwoman I have ever seen or heard of (sorry Stacy)?

I am glad that all three of us caught fish. It was the perfect ending to a very exciting fishing trip.

No comments: