Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Museums

Today, I went on a field trip to the Utah Museum of Natural History. It was pretty fun. Except we rode all the way to Salt Lake and back to Logan on an Aggie Shuttle. So that means that I had to sit on uncomfortable seats (that are only meant to take one up or down the hill) for an hour and a half and had to sit sideways the whole trip. I planned to accomplish a lot of stuff on the bus. I got sick and ended up sleeping. When I woke up, I was sleeping on the girl-next-to-me's shoulder.

I hate buses. I truly do. Not that I'm against public transportation, cuz I really like riding trains and saving the environment and all. I just don't like buses.

Things I don't like about buses of any kind:

1) The smell.
2) The uncomfortable seats - like on school buses where your skin sticks to the pleather.
3) The heating situation - hellish or arctic.
4) Riding sideways in a winding canyon.
5) The giggling girls at the front of the bus. Believe me, this was rarely me. I was the one in the back chugging Pixie Stix in high school.
6) When the bus driver yells at you through the intercom and you can't even understand them.
7) The rumble that feels like your vertebrae are smashing together and you will come off two inches shorter.
8) That you are one of the biggest things on the freeway but still feel like you will die.

Upon reflecting on this post, I find there is little that has to do with museums. All I will say about museums is that I like them and didn't have enough time at the UMNH today because we had to go to short seminars about working at a museum in which I almost fell asleep. I didn't get to look at the Bug Zoo or the stuffed animals. I guess I'll have to go back on a Monday when it is free.

No comments: