Monday, January 18, 2010

Hawaii - Day Seven

Alison left for the mainland. :( We missed her every day after that.

Andrew and I went to a famous beach in Laie, called Hukilau Beach. Unfortunately, we didn't bring our camera because there were only two of us and we didn't want to leave it unattended on the beach. It was a really beautiful beach and we had a lot of fun playing in the big waves. We also walked along the beach holding hands, which was romantic. It was our first time walking along the beach together.


We were in Laie for Philip and Keola's wedding reception.Andrew found out he was a best man and had to wear kukua nuts. That's what the best men wear in Hawaii, not matching tuxes or boutineers.

I liked the simple yet elegant table decorations.

Andrew and I with Philip and Keola. I love my polka dot dress! I matched the colors on accident. :)

A lovely cake.

Because it was December 22, they served hot chocolate. I didn't think it was cold enough to need to drink hot chocolate, but since I love the stuff I had a lot! I was surprised to see how much hot chocolate the people in Hawaii drank in the 'winter'.

Cutting the cake and then smashing it into each others' faces. Sorry, I didn't get a good picture of the smashing.

A sweet dance together. Not the first as a couple, cuz the wedding was the next day.

Alura caught the bouquet.

I was disappointed that he didn't take the garter off with his teeth. Well, that may have been scandalous cuz they weren't married yet.

The wedding party.

After we returned to Honolulu, we went onto the naval base to see the battleships decorated for Christmas.


Dave reassured me that it would be ok if I took a picture. I blame him.

Santa!

No comments: