Monday, October 8, 2012

Homemade Pizza Sauce

This was so delicious and I just had to share it. Also, I'm no food blogger so there are no pictures. I also didn't measure anything, just threw things in to taste, so you will have to do so too!

Heat up some olive oil and add chopped garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes but don't allow the garlic to brown.

Add chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, a hot pepper if desired, fresh basil, and fresh oregano (or their dried counterparts, but the fresh is what makes this so freaking amazing!) to the pot and bring to a boil. You don't have to take of the tomato skins. Once it is boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until most of the liquid cooks out.

Blend with a hand blender or put it in your blender and blend until smooth (or chunky--you are the chef!). Add some salt or other herbs to taste.

Try not to eat all the pizza sauce because it is so dang good. Spread on your pizza dough and make the rest of the pizza. We had mozzarella and cheddar cheese with italian sausage and spinach pizza. Amazing. Cook in the oven. Eat.

Now go make some pizza sauce!

I am making more today with my leftover tomatoes. I am going to freeze it in 1 cup blobs and then put them all in the bag so we can enjoy "fresh" pizza sauce all winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should pin this blog post on my Pintrest account