Friday, October 19, 2012

Finishing Some Projects

Yesterday at breakfast, Andrew asked when I was going to finish writing the Thank You cards.

After he left, I made the ten more I needed, finished writing the notes, and did not address them. They were mostly for my extended family, and they are all cheap-os, so I will just mail them with the birth announcements because they will understand my cheapness. So that project is done.

It felt really good to finish up a project. So I decided to finish up another one.

Picture 8

Burp cloths! Who knew that something you made just for your baby to throw up in could be so cute? These were my only sewing project for Baby Girl. Which, I decided, was too bad, because I enjoy sewing straight lines. I should have made a quilt. But I need to finish a ladybug quilt for someone's big girl bed (GASP!! She's not even born and is growing up so fast!) before I start on any new ones. Anyway, I finished these burp cloths this morning and it was fun and easy.

My next project to finish before Baby Girl comes is her blessing dress. It is so beautiful and getting so close! I will try to finish it today. I am crocheting it and I feel like I have gotten better at all of my crochet skillz.

A few months ago, I finished an afghan I have been working on for about five years. It is a pink and purple afghan made up of granny squares and then I crocheted them together. That isn't how you are supposed to connect granny squares, but I just made it up. I was originally making it for my first niece, but, as you know, I have a nephew. Everyone said, "Oh, it will be for your daughter!" (They usually meant that I would have the first baby, which was not so.) But it is for my daughter. Here it is.

Picture 9

Maybe I am nesting. I really hope that I am truly nesting (and not just returning to my normal, super-productive self--although that would be nice, too) because then she will come out soon. On Tuesday I did wash the floorboards and I still need to mop the floors before she comes.

Anyway, some of my future projects will include the aforementioned ladybug quilt, embroidering some hand towels my grandma had me start when I was seriously nine years old, quilted Christmas stockings, crocheting baby girl beanies for my Baby Girl and my cousin's baby girl, and the never-ending scrapbooking projects. I feel like projects just keep on adding up. Finishing some of these ones that have been waiting for ridiculous amounts of time (cough cough, hand towels!) will be great because then I don't ever have to do that craft again (not much of an embroiderer).

What are your favorite crafts and projects?

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm making a Halloween costume for Nigel. I have cut out the fabric. I should work more on that.

Michaelene Munro said...

I don't think I could ever be out of things to sew! I think I come up with one or two things more to sew every time I finish one (which isn't often ever). And if you think it's hard to finish the projects now, just wait until she comes, well actually I should say when she grows up and becomes mobile. I had to just put the painting away completely until all the kids are older :(

Jennifer said...

How do you make those burp cloths. I want to make some!