Friday, January 6, 2012

DISNEYLAND!!!

I love Disneyland. We went there on our honeymoon. We went with Andrew's family and it was fun but there were so many people. I got grumpy a lot. There are a lot of pictures so here are just a few highlights of our California trip.

The Norco Audio Family History Tour

Heidi grew up in Norco, CA, and we stopped by. This is a crazy place.

First off, they don't have sidewalks. They have horse trails. WHAT THE WHAT? Maybe in Wyoming, but not what I was expecting for southern California.
Some girl on a horse in a city in southern California.

Then we stopped at the Norco cemetery to find Heidi's grandparents' grave. We found it! It was a miracle because she had never been there.
Hannah, Heidi, and Wesley at the grave.
 That was cool to be there. Heidi thanked me for suggesting it, since she had never been and being there brought her a lot of peace.

The First Disney Day


Christmas at Disneyland, where the wreaths are all Mickey-shaped and the castle has snow on it (I know, snow in Anaheim? But by now, we know that Southern California is not what you expect--snow, horses, what's next?).

Love it.
 We wore a lot of 3-D glasses. They kind of give me a headache.
The Family sans me (taking the picture) and Maren (on an airplane)
 And no family vacation would be complete without a picture of me coming out of the bathroom!

We rode Splash Mountain. It was great. Maren is there in the front. She and Wes are engaged now and they are so disgusting.

Our Wild Ride.
This is how Andrew feels whenever I drive. ;)
 Andrew and I in front of the castle at night. How romantic.

The Day We Only Went to California Adventure
Wes and Maren about to go off a huge waterfall on Grizzly Rapids.

Andrew and some light bike from Tron.
 Not a lot of pictures from that day. Oh well. I traumatized Hannah by making her go on Screamin' with me. I forgot to tell her that it blasts you off. Oops.

The Day We Went to Disneyland in the Morning and the Evening But Mostly Went to Los Angeles

Wesley and Andrew cleaning their ears. What a good brother activity.

I had never been to L.A., so it was pretty exciting.
A clear day for L.A., right?

Gas costs $5 here where it costs $3 in Utah.
 And we drove past the Los Angeles Temple, but we didn't get out and walk around.
I like the palm trees. That is a pretty good picture taken from the back of a Honda Pilot, if I do say so myself.
 And then we went to Santa Monica beach and we had many marvelous adventures.

Like this dog in a tree. The owner was completely chill. His dog is awesome.
 And we went down to the beach and it was just lovely. I kept thinking of the Sheryl Crow song "All I Wanna Do", where she says she wants to have fun until the sun comes up over Santa Monica Boulevard.

We also had another unusual sighting:
Glenn took off his shoes. Apparently this is an anomaly.

Jumping picture--me, Hannah, Elise, Maren. I didn't get the memo that we were making L shapes out of our arms.
 The Day We Were the Dorky Family Wearing Matching Disney Shirts


An epic moment occurred when I became famous for screaming so loudly on Thunder Mountain Railroad. I am awesome. This guy said I was amazing and he recognized me later on, too.

And I pulled the sword out with my pinky finger.
 Family picture time! You get a sneak peek at the Christmas card. Lucky you.
Aren't we cute? I like how Wes and Maren are freakishly tall in the back.
 We went on Star Tours and...
I was the rebel spy and Yoda said I was vital to the rebel cause! It made my life.
Also, Andrew was a good big brother and got Hannah to ride Space Mountain--and she liked it! She even has her arms up and has a big smile on her face. Yay!
From back to front: me, Hannah, Andrew, Elise, Bryanna.
 We didn't take a picture, but WE RODE SPLASH MOUNTAIN EIGHT TIMES IN A ROW WITHOUT GETTING OFF THE LOG!!! Oh yeah, we broke the family record. I'm pretty done with Splash Mountain for a little while.

The Last Disney Day and The Most Crowded One Wherein I Had A Headache.

New Years Eve was the worst day to go to Disneyland. it was way too crowded and I was grumpy. I had a headache and that was not a good thing. It was Elise's birthday, too.

I had one of the weirdest experiences of my life. We had to watch "Captain E.O." to please Glenn. Weird. So weird.


And we went on Space Mountain again!
Funny Space Mountain picture. Elise is a super hero, Hannah is pumped, Andrew is screaming and I am plugging my ears (I had a headache, remember) which is opposite of how it usually is, and Wesley is proposing to Maren (I love how she looks like she's saying, "Oh my gosh, why is it you?"
Also, we went to the Blue Bayou for dinner. Awesome. It was fun. And then I went to sleep and woke up when the huge fireworks show shook the hotel.

Then We Drove Home on New Years Day and There Was No One On The Freeway


The End.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like you guys had a really great trip! I'm sorry you had a headache, those are no fun at all. And how random to see that dog in a tree. Crazy dog.

Karen said...

Norco is great that way.
Love the preview of next years Christmas picture.
Glad you all had a great time.

Annie O Castro said...

for all the times i've been to disneyland, i've never actually been on mr. toad's wild ride. you'll have to let me know if i'm missing out on anything!

katelyn said...

Oh my gosh, that looked like such a fun trip. :) I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

By the way Sarah, for Andrew's benefit, it is a "light cycle" not "some light bike" from Tron.