Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Funny Body

I am definitely an apple body shape. My torso is way short, my waist is relatively small, my hips are huge, and my thighs could crush your head. Plus, my bosom is tiny.

This week I had to buy some more underclothes and I looked at the sizing chart at the store. I used the measuring tape. And I had to laugh.

Hips - 44"
Waist - 32"

First off, it is awesome that I have a foot of difference between hips and waist. Second, although I wish I were thinner in my hips, I'm glad I could still find humor in this.

For the kind of underwears I was looking at, the 44" hips were almost to the next size up and the 32" waist were in the next size down. I laughed so hard--it wasn't very reverent so I felt bad. I bought the ones that would fit my hips. They felt like they were falling down all day! So I took the unopened ones back and got the smaller size which made me feel awesome.

I am just shaped weird and I always will be. :)

4 comments:

Rachelle Cornia said...

Just think about it this way, those will be killer hips for birthing babies! ;) And those charts made me feel silly buying new stuff too. I mean no size there really was right for me! Seriously? So which size am I supposed to get? haha glad you could laugh at it tho

Anonymous said...

I LOVE you Sarah! haha, sometimes I feel the same way. Us women and our wierd bodies. lol.

Melanie said...

I'm sure happy you know how to laugh at yourself. That is a good trait to have. Sorry you're shaped funny, but I still like you.

ScottBoomer said...

I'm glad I could learn about your underwear today. How do the new ones fit? How do they compare to the thong you bought on your 18th birthday? Why do I know so much about my cousins underwear?