Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year Resolutions and Revolutions

Lots of people make a big deal of how they don't make New Year's Resolutions. I'm making a few goals that I would like to improve in my life during this next year. They are goals that I want to make into lifestyle changes.

Health:I want to be more healthy. I used to be more active and diligent with my workouts, but the major upset in my schedule of marriage has really thrown it off. This year, I want to run 2-3 times a week, and do some other form of exercise on the other days. If running falls through due to knee problems or whatever, I should find another activity to replace it. I also want to each healthier. My biggest weakness is feeling obligated to eat the dessert and the fact is that I DON'T have to eat dessert. I should only eat the ones I know will be good, that I want, and in moderation.

Housewifery:
I love that picture. It makes me think of whenever I make bacon. Anyway, my goal is to be better about wiping down the counters and table after dinner. I always forget to do it.


Master's Degree:
My educational resolutions include figuring out my committee, defending my thesis by the end of April, doing a lot of research during the summer, and begin writing my thesis.

My revolution for school is to stop being scared to share my opinions in class or being worried that I'll hurt someone's feelings by disagreeing with them. I need to stop being so nice in my seminar classes and let people know how ridiculous they are.


Religious:
I am going to work on having more personal and meaningful prayers at night (see Elder Bednar's talk from a few years ago). Instead of just thanking and asking, I'm going to make my prayers more of a conversation with Heavenly Father.


So there you go. Those are my New Year Resolutions. If I remember, I might report on them (except the prayer one, as that's incredibly personal) throughout the year.

No comments: