Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Why Blog?

Why do I blog? I just enjoy it. I like writing. Did you know that I have written in my journal every single night since January 1, 2001? I have a lot of journals.

However. I have very little of consequence to blog about. Then, only Melanie comments on my blog. I love my sister, but her comments usually consist of: "Sarah, you idiot. Your blog was funny." So I guess my blog is only good for humor.

Some people have deep and philosophical blogs. Some people have informative blogs. Some people have funny blogs that are also good for updates. Some people use their blogs as more of a forum to talk about ideas and such. Some people use their blogs more like Twitter and update it every single day to tell me silly things. Some people use their blogs like photo albums. It is interesting to see how people use their blogs differently.

I blog about once a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But that is the average.

What is the point of my blog? I think I do a little of the photo album/weekly humor column approach. I can't remember why I got a blog, and I have been blogging for about a year. I remember! I was bored at KSL and I decided to try a blog. Oh the pleasures of having an idle job.

Anyway... The point of my blog: Mostly, I just write about things that happen to me and things that I am thinking about. I like to talk about things I'm working on, things that Andrew and I did, and so on. I don't think it is a stellar and way unique blog, but it is mine and I am proud of it.

By the way, I am tired of studying for the GRE. I keep taking practice tests and I keep doing worse. I think that this could be a sign to stop taking practice tests and just focus on vocabulary and trying to think mathematically again. Well, we are going to Lake Powell, so I'll have some time to chill and prep myself. I am going to learn how to SLALOM! That won't help me get into graduate school. Maybe it will cuz I won't go insane!

Have fun reading my blog, and have a lovely August afternoon. Which reminds me, everytime I write "August" I think of Augustus Caesar. Here is my first and perhaps only plug for Shakespeare: Antony and Cleopatra is so steamy and way funny. If I could act, I would want to be Cleopatra. This relates to Augustus because he was called Octavian before defeating Antony and becoming the First Citizen. He is in that play as a foil to Antony - he is more logical and younger. Antony and Cleopatra is a tragedy, but I found it humurous. I guess that just goes to show that the interpretation of Shakespeare is up to the reader.

PS: I don't like Shakespeare. He is hard.

4 comments:

Stofam said...

I love your blog and your thoughts! You always make me smile and I look forward to you and Andrew's updates!! Keep on blogging!

3in3mom said...

I love your blog too--you make me smile and realize that life is fun and refreshing. I blog for two purposes as well. one to share my photography and the other to record my family's life. . . (on my private blog--which by the way you can read if you want--just email me at cleaman2@yahoo(.)com).

It's fun to see you are so happy and in love Sarah. I hope it's ok I still read your blog.

Melanie said...

I don't think that you are an idiot. You're just silly!

Kayleigh said...

Re: Shakespeare

Now you're just baiting me.


Also, reply to my Facebook message! I want to see you!


-Kayleigh