Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Master Arteest of Reading


I WON! I WON! Ever since I saw the poster about this reading contest, I wanted to win the bag. I made Andrew dutifully fill out reading slips and made him swear that if he won, he would give the bag to me. I don't know why I wanted the bag so much. But it came in the mail and I had a freak out fest of uber excitement that involved much shouting and dancing. It was awesome. Here follows the letter:

Dear Sarah P:
Congratulations!! You have won a prize in the Logan Library's summer reading program for adults. The prize this yea
r is an attractive book bag with the Mona Lisa on the front. Please bring this letter with you to the library to pick up your prize. Thanks for participating!

Sincerely yous,
The Librarians

Here is a close up of the bag. See the Mona Lisa reading a book. She is so well read.


Me looking attractive with my attractive book bag with the Mona Lisa on the front. Andrew was taking the picture and he kept rolling his eyes. I think he thinks I'm a dork.


Reading is full of surprises! One of the surprises is winning things you didn't think that you would win, such as attractive book bags with the Mona Lisa on the front. Other surprises include the interesting stories you read. Sometimes there are bugs crawling on your books, which are also surprises. See how surprised I look? That isn't from a bug in a book.

And what's with the misspelling of my last name? I thought my 'F' was really distinguishable from a 'P', but I guess not.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so happy you won the fashionable book bag! Congratulations. That's awesome. I'm happy you are so thrilled about it. :)

Joey & Lara said...

Hey Congrats on winning that awesome bag! :) I had no Idea you had a blog! I'm glad I came across it!! I'm sorry I missed your wedding! I wasn't exactly in the state! but The pictures are beautiful!! YOu made a beautiful bride! :) Congrats again on that! We all need to get together soon!!! Love ya! -Lara :)