Saturday, August 22, 2009

This Day in The Present

Today is Saturday and also the last one before school starts. And many exciting and random things have happened today. Therefore, I shall blog about it.

We had two new couples move into apartments in our stairwell. That is cool and means new friends. Especially cuz neither couple has kids, therefore we can easily identify with them. It is weird when you are chatting along, and the lady says, "Oh, well, I have to go. Junior did a huge one!" Nasty. So. New friends here in our stairwell. We made snickerdoodles and took them to our new neighbors. The guy who lives right over us opened his door and Andrew and I both thought we knew him from somewhere. We asked and asked, but we couldn't figure it out. Later and when we were away from him, we realized that he was our class president from our Preparing for Eternal Marriage class from last semester! It was exciting. Well, he got married so the class worked. Our other neighbors, Dave and Emily, are cool. Emily is way crazy and hyper. I like her.

A few weeks ago, I made some cookies. Melanie wouldn't come play games with us unless we had cookies. She came and siad, "What kind of cookies are those?!?!" I said, "Applesauce." She said, "Gross," and informed us that Applesauce Cookies hardly count as real cookies. Anyway... We went to Lake Powell and then bummed around in Kaysville and Salt Lake for a while. Then we returned to Logan and the cookies were rock-like. Very tooth breaking. Even when you had soaked them in milk. So, this afternoon we decided to go feed the ducks at First Dam and boy were they happy to have such yummy cookies! The fish liked the sinking crumbs, too. The cookies were a little hard to break, but we did it. We saw some really big fish, and Andrew wished we could go fishing. HOWEVER, that would be called chumming which is ILLEGAL except at Lake Powell.

Speaking of fish, (this story happened a few days ago)... We were fishing and used shiny lures. They were pretty. I liked reeling in my line because then I could see the shiny thing in the sunshine. It was so lovely. If I were a fish, I would bite one of those. And one did! Andrew caught a fish, and it was the first fish I had ever seen him catch. How exciting.

Another adventure from today features Butch: a very cute, pit-bull/lab mix who belongs to my friend Tasha (aka Tash-slice or Tashy). He is black, muscular, and has a pit bull face. I took Butch on a walk and his sniffer was sniffing something very fragrant and I couldn't pull him away to finish our walk. Then, later, we pulled up and I saw him sticking his little pit-bull head through the curtains so he could look outside. He is a silly dog. Speaking of Butch, I better go let him out for his last pee of the night soon.

Andrew and I are now watching Hawaii Five-O. It makes me want to sing: "Du du du du du duuuuuuuuuu, du du du du duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..." and so on. Andrew and I both danced around when the theme song was going on. Some scumbag man just poisoned his wife, put her in a barrel, and pushed her off his yacht. I hope that McGarret can solve this mystery! Perhaps I will learn how to hula. Andrew gave me a grass skirt and coconut shells when we got engaged, right after he got back from Hawaii. Visit youtube and watch the theme song and sing along with it. I guarantee it will get stuck in your head. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AepyGm9Me6w

Now he is doing the dishes. He is amazing. That is all. School starts on Monday. Woot woot. That is all for real.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Sarah, I love you. You are very silly and it is awesome!