Saturday, March 21, 2009

Exhausted, Yet Feeling Incredibly Athletic

Here I am, heading out for a nice Springtime adventure! Me, my bike, my backpack full of important things, my i-pod, and of course, my helmet. Safety first! The purpose of this adventure was to decide if I want to train for the triathalon coming up.

Today I ran a 5K on campus. Yay running! But I am so confused. Last time in the cemetery when we ran, we only did the perimeter. This run, we ran up and down the rows a few times. So that means that either the last 5K I ran or this one is not truly a 5K. That is why I'm going to blame my 4 minute increase from last time! Gross. I need to run faster. 29:52 is still pretty good, and I haven't run very consistently cuz winter is finally ending. But in the raffle, I won a waterbottle and a t-shirt from last year's triathalon. Now I can trick everyone into thinking that I really have done one. ;)
And then I swam a half mile. I love it. Swimming is so stinking fun. I usually try to swim for an hour, but I only did a half hour today. My goal in the next few weeks is to swim a whole mile! Check out my goggle lines. Ignore my nasty zits. And look at my arms--I am starting to get swimmer muscles! Someday, maybe I will look like that Olympic lady who was old...was her name Dara Tores? I don't remember. I should have flexed for the picture.
Next, I biked up Logan Canyon. It was a beautiful day! That canyon is just gorgeous.
I stopped at Second Dam and had a yummy treat so I wouldn't die of starvation. I burned a lot of calories in my Springtime Adventure Workout! So I had one of my favorites...
ANTS ON A LOG!! This is probably one of my favorite treats ever. Check out the peanut butter all over my plastic wrap? I dropped my piece of celery when I was coating it with peanut butter. It was so tasty. I'm almost out of peanut butter. I can probably only get one more PB&J out of it. Good thing I am going to the store today. Now here is a picture of me eating one of my favorite snacks ever.
So what is the conclusion? Will I do the Balanced Man Triathalon (which women can participate in)? I will try. I did a lot today. I took breaks inbetween modes of exercise. I will have to work on that. And get faster cuz I am really slow at all of those things. Wish me luck and I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

ScottBoomer said...

I belive you can do it Sarah, or you'll atleast pass out trying, either way.