Friday, March 27, 2009

Any Dream Will Do

Or not do! I had a terrible dream last night. Actually, it wasn't that bad. Well, parts were. I decided to be more positive about planning a wedding. The irony is that the day after this happened, my dad started demanding things of me for the wedding, so I got stressed and am trying to not get upset. Anywho... MY DREAM!! My wedding was planned, and it was going to be perfect. Except it rained so we had the reception in the late Grandparents Bredthauer's basement - and it is teeny! And I stepped on my wedding dress so there was a gaping hole in the front. And I broke plates and cups cuz I'm a klutz, and the cake was lopsided, and... This is the third in the wedding fiasco dream sequence. Luckily, they haven't all been right in a row.

Another odd recurring motif in my dreams of late are penguins. I have no idea why I've been dreaming about penguins, but every night, there is at least one penguin in my dream, sometimes a whole flock of them! Perhaps I'm turning into Mr. Popper and soon will have penguins in my bathtub. That actually wold be really cool (penguins, cool - get it?). If I had a pet penguin, I would definitely bring it to school with me. It would have a cute little leash and waddle behind me, and it would swim laps with me and go running with me. It would also bite people that annoyed me. :D A penguin would definitely be a very cool thing. I don't mean to say anything against Grendel the Gecko or Mark Twain and Squishy the Goldfish, I just can't take them around on a leash with me. Back to the penguins dreams. I looked up a dream interpretation online and searched penguins.

"To see a penguin in your dream, signifies that your problems are not as serious as you may think. It serves as a reminder for you to keep you cool and remain level-headed. Alternatively, a penguin seen in your dream suggests that you are being weighed down by your emotions or by a negative situation. You need to find some balance and inner harmony."

So says the dream interpreter. Perhaps the penguin dreams make sense. All my worries and frustrations with the wedding are not as big as I'm making them into. The part that says that I need to find some inner balance and inner harmony sounds like a good yoga session is in order. Maybe my pet penguins will want to do some yoga with me, too. :D I mean, look at these fellows...they are so stinking cute!Check out those bad boys. They will be my no-nonsense-attack penguins!And how cute! Some people dress up their dogs, but why not give your penguins a sweater!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh, my word! You are so random. But those penguins sure are cuties! Everything will be ok. Don't worry! And if you ever need anything, I am here! I love you Sarah!