Friday, August 1, 2008

My Plan, as of Today

So I've been thinking...I don't have a lot of money. And that is OK, I'm fine with being poor, and I just don't want to dig myself into a hole. So here are some of my plans as of today, so they will probably change next Tuesday.

~Instead of taking five years to graduate (Graduating Spring '11), which would be absolutely delightful and fun, maybe I will cut off a semester and take less fun classes. Then I would graduate Fall '10. But, as a teacher, graduating in December, when schools are usually not hiring, is kind of inconvenient. I could get a lame job for a few months before getting a real one...WOOT! Or, even better, I could graduate in Spring '10. To do that, I would have to take classes next summer, and just check things off of the requirement list. That is what I am thinking I will do, and if the English department at USU would stop scheduling classes that I need at the same time, then it will be possible.

~After I graduate, I will move away. Sorry Mom. Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, maybe Idaho (let me tell you, if I move there, you will know I'm desperate for a job and new scenery)...pretty much somewhere in the West that I can afford and get a teaching job. And it will be fun. I will be a teacher and life will rock.

~And speaking of teaching, I'm thinking that I might turn to Junior High. Seriously, I think it could be fun, and you might as well brainwash them into liking history while they are young.

~I also have some short term plans. They include working, quitting, moving to Logan, starting school, making new friends, starting work as a SI coordinator, exercising, hiking, biking, and going on dates. And doing my homework. We cannot forget that. Homework is the most important thing ever, except being righteous and going to Church, which I also plan on doing.

1 comment:

ScottBoomer said...

WRONG!!! Home work is not the most important thing at college.
PARTYING is the most important thing at college.
No get out there and party until the cops break it up.