Tuesday, July 29, 2008

When Life Gives You Lemons, Make a Pie!

A Lemon Meringue Pie, no less. And if Life gives you limes, make Key Lime, or peaces, make Peach Pie. If Life drops a pumpkin in your lap, you could make a Pumpkin Pie, and I would give it away cuz that is the grossest kind of Pie EVER. If you get veggies and a chicken, by all means, a Chicken Pot Pie is a fantabulous response to that. Pie is definitely one of the best things ever, and I love to make and eat it.

I think Pie is a great way to handle stress. During Finals Week in April 2007, I made "Good Luck Pie"(s) for my friends and roommates. The Pies helped me, and I did great on my exams. Pie is also great for getting guys to adore you, especially if you make really good ones for them. They will love to get fat on your yummy pies you make for them, and that gives you time to reel them in in other ways besides your cooking skills. Pie also just tastes really good. Mmmm, pie. I love it. Much better than cake. Another fantastic thing about Pie is that it is funny. I think someone getting hit in the face with a Banana Cream Pie is hilarious, even though it is a waste of a perfectly good Pie, which is unfortunate. Basically, Pie makes life amazing and it needs to be capitalized cuz it is just that important.

I just made my first Pie of the summer on Sunday. I know, it is sad that I waited until July 27 to do it, but I'm a busy woman. It was my first time ever making a Key Lime Pie, and I used my Aunt Stacee's recipe and used real key limes. Here is a secret about juicing citrus that I learned from Rachel Ray: pop the fruit in the microwave for about 20 seconds and then roll them on the countertop before juicing them, and the juice just pours out of the peel so easily and there is a lot of it! The Pie was great. I should have used a mixer as opposed to a fork to make the cream cheese not chunky, and I think it could have used some more lime. But it was yummy. Good job to me, and I hope my Dad liked it.

Basically, the point is...Life gives you the ingredients to make Pie, so make one. Even if your Pie sucks, there are parts of the Pie that are good. Maybe it tastes good, maybe the fruit was perfect, maybe the crust is really flaky, and maybe the only thing good about it is that is looks good or you didn't burn down the house when you were making it. And that is my philosophy about Pie.

1 comment:

ScottBoomer said...

Mmmmmm PIE. (droool)
Why am I just now finding out about your blog?