Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to School

I have almost finished my first week of my Junior year at Utah State. I am glad to be here. It is nice to be independent again, going to school, getting involved, being busy, and all that thing. I like my roommates and my house. I have my own room and the girls I live with are fun. It is weird though cuz I've never been much of a party animal, but pretty much I go to bed later than everyone else. It is weird, but also OK. I also don't really feel like studying or doing homework. I think something must be wrong with me, but I can't figure out what it is. My Institute class is D&C and I've enjoyed it so far. It is really fun cuz my friend Tasha and her husband are in that class with me. I have hung out with quite a few married people this past week, which is odd cuz I used to have a policy of no hanging out with married people, but I've hung out with Tasha and Michael, Stacy and Greg. It is absolutely LOCO! I'm having fun and am looking forward to a great semester. I'm not all that into any of my classes, and am excited about my extra curricular activities. I join the Special Olympic volunteer committee and look forward to working with those athletes starting this Saturday. I'm also excited about my job as a SI Coordinator (see www.usu.edu/arc/supplemental_instruction for more information) where I get to teach students, help them master material, and work with other Leaders as they work with their students. Life is pretty good. I am contemplative and can't figure out why I don't want to study. I must be broken. That really is the only thing I can figure out. My main goal for the semester is to pass the Grammar Competency test for my English Ed minor. Actually, scratch that, my number one goal is to become a True Aggie. :)

No comments: