Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chilling

Before I left Utah, I chilled a lot. I only got a few pictures. Cuz when you chill, you got to chill and not take pictures. Unless you are not really chill, and are only using "chill" as a synonym for "hanging out", which is the case right now.

I chilled with some of my old roommates from Merrill 310. Here I am with Tasha, Tessa, Michelle. I got sunburned, which made me  happy but then I realized I got way more burned than I intended.


I said good bye to our paint dance shoes.
It was really hard to throw out our shoes from the paint dance. Mine are on the left and Andrew's are on the right. They are special to both of us, as old and nasty as they are, cuz when we first started to spend time together, we went to a paint dance and got a five-gallon bucket of paint dumped on us. Andrew said, "I could only tell it was Sarah because her smile was the only part of her face that didn't have paint on it." So cute and sweet and romantic. Good bye paint dance shoes.


 I passed on the baton. I was the Robert M. Utley Fellow at the Western Historical Quarterly, and since my two-year fellowship was over, I passed on the senior fellow baton to Sean, the S. George Ellsworth fellow. He will be fine. That baton is full of wisdom passed down from many senior fellows from the past. Yes, I put something in it. When Sean looked inside, he said, "Whoa, that stinks." Apparently wisdom smells rancid. I also gave Sean some verbal parting wisdom, which he succinctly summarized as 1) No one knows what they are doing. 2) Don't work too hard. 3) Don't be nervous. I am freaking wise.



Most importantly, I chilled with Nigel. I get to be an aunt and then I have to leave. It is a sad sad world. I made sure to spend a lot of time with him to make up for the future.

Nigel sleeping on me while I rest my tailbone.

Happy little boy!

 Hi there Nigel! How did you get so cute? Are you enjoying your afternoon outside? Me too. I will miss you! We hung out while his parents cleaned my apartment. I was happy I didn't have to clean, and they were happy they got a baby break.
 Stop crying, here, have this orange binky.


My oldest best friend Erika came home from her mission! Erika (in the middle) came home from her mission to Leeds, England. We met in 7th grade orchestra and became friends in our 7th grade science class with Mr. Merrill. We are also with Monica, another one of my best friends. I'm so glad that I could see them again before I moved!


I did a lot of chilling. It was a busy last little while.

4 comments:

Annie O Castro said...

I didn't know Erika served a mission! well, that's awesome that she's home.

Rachelle said...

Yes its best to relax as much as possible before that baby comes :) So excited for your new WA adventure

Amy Bowen said...

Have you been having tailbone troubles being pregnant? I have both of my pregnancies! :P Sounds like you're using the time you have up in Logan wisely... :) Congratulations on the baby and graduating! You are awesome!

Melanie said...

What a cute little son I have. I did good making you that nephew. He misses you, and so do I. But you and Andrew will be awesome in Washington!