Saturday, February 18, 2012

New Hiking Boots!

My Valentine got me new hiking boots! Yay! They are leather, have Gortex on the inside, have a high top, and so far I really like them!

Me on our first adventure around the block. Yes, we went to the side of the street that didn't have a sidewalk. It blends in with the dead grass.
 And today we went on a hike on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail between Logan and Green Canyons. There was no snow and we got hot. What a weird winter, to be hiking (not snowshoeing) in February and wanting to take off our jackets! But there was a lot of mud so we got to try out the Gortex.

And we found this solitary tree, to which I cried, "How artistic!" Andrew agreed and took some pictures.
The solitary tree

How tranquil.

Tranquility and Tai Chi

My new boots! And they are so muddy already!

Making another dorky face while showing off my boots.

And a picture to prove that Andrew came on the hike, too.

Moral of the story: You should all buy new hiking boots and go hiking!

We bought these at a website called Camofire, and they have one deal a day.
We also got my hiking shoes (which I also love but are not waterproof) at a similar website called Steep and Cheap, where they have a new deal every half an hour.
So check them out and maybe your hiking dreams will come true!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Man! Hiking boots is the perfect Valentine's gift! I'm glad that you've already gotten good use out of them!

Erin and Matt said...

Yay for new hiking boots! You guys are so cute!