Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Goals

I'm sure you've all heard an inspirational quote or two or three about goals and why they are important and blah blah blah.

They really are important. And it feels really good when you accomplish goals.

On Sunday, I made a few goals.
1) Prepare well for the Spanish test on Wednesday.
2) Finish writing Thesis Chapter 1.
3) Edit, have Andrew read, and edit Thesis Chapter 2.
4) Give Thesis Chapter 2 to David, my adviser.

And I am happy to say that today has been the day for goal accomplishing--and it is only Wednesday!
1) I studied hard for the test and felt pretty good about the test before I took it. I did not do as well as I wanted to, but I did my best.
2) Three minutes ago I typed the last word of my first draft of Thesis Chapter 1! YAY!!!! (Only one more, plus a conclusion, plus finishing the introduction.)
3) I edited Chapter 2 again, Andrew read it and didn't die of boredom AND gave me some good clarification comments.
4) I'm giving the thesis to David tomorrow morning and yes, I am scared out of my mind that he will kill it and I will have to completely start over.

Anyway. It is very good to make goals cuz then you know what you want to do. And now that the week is only half over, I have plenty of time to make some more goals and to achieve them.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm sorry your test didn't go as well as you would have liked, but I'm also proud of you for accomplishing so much! Way to be. :)

QPT said...

lovely post!!!

Motivational Quotes