Sunday, December 18, 2011

Alison's Wedding: Road Trip to Wyoming, The Ranch, Being Classy in Wyoming, and the Reception

Alison now lives in Pinedale. They had a reception there, and, as the Maid of Honor, I felt it was my duty to attend. Also, I have never been to Pinedale.
This matters because Al has two uncles who live there, and that's how she met Kendall.
All my life, I have heard about what a magical place The Ranch is, and I knew that I needed to go.

Our descent into the Bear Lake area. The lake was covered with clouds and it was so beautiful!

The view at Andy's place. This is not The Ranch. This is a view I would love to have.

Wildlife! We saw a bunch of deer. And a bunch of pronghorn.

I'm on The Ranch! That's Scott in the background. He was trying to get me to ride a "horse". But it was really a bull. I am not as stupid as Scott thinks I am. I can milk a cow.

Me feeding the critters! Take your pick of names: donkeys, burros, or asses. Scott and I both prefer the term "asses."

That little ass was a pushy little bugger. He tried to eat my coat cuz I wasn't giving him the grass fast enough.

This could be on a calendar.

Dad and Scott getting into the BMW on The Ranch.

A herd of buffalo apparently live next door to The Ranch. They made me want to eat some buffalo burgers.
And now I have been to The Ranch! It was everything that I dreamed of and more! I stepped in animal poop, petted some critters, saw wild animals, and drove in a BMW on a ranch.

I am classy. But wait, it gets better!

There was a parade, so Dad and I went into town before so we would actually be able to get to the reception. So we spent the evening on the town.

Imagine: Dad in his suit, me in my beautiful black dress, driving around in the BMW in Podunk, I mean Pinedale, Wyoming.

I told you that this evening would get even more classy.

Me in front of the Cowboy Store.

Me in front of the wall of boots at the Cowboy Store.

We joined the parade. :) I waved at the people.

Alison and Kendall--happily married for two weeks.

Table decorations. Dad and I were decorators. Those lovely vases are from my wedding.

Lucy and Ariane!

The wedding party.
So us non-Pinedale people were the most dressed up. I have never been to a wedding with so many blue jeans. 

Me and Lucy. She doesn't usually like me, so I guess that I was pretty enticing because I let her take over my camera.

Lucy had to take my picture by every single tree at the reception.

Donuts.

Ariane from a four-year-old's view.
Before deleting all the pictures Lucy took, I appreciated how the world looks when you are three feet tall.
I'm 5 foot 2 inches. I wonder what the world looks like for people who are six feet tall?

Lucy's shoes and my shoes.

Alison and Lucy! Such a cute picture!

Me and Alison. Such a cute picture!

Dad holding Jack again. He likes holding babies or something.

Cutting the cake, round two.

Lucy getting her piece of cake.

What a great day. I had a fun time in Pinedal. I will miss Alison because she lives all the way out there!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Ya, so Mom was just walking around the house yesterday and I heard her mutter, "Jack ass." I was in the other room. Ross was confused. "Oh, I wasn't talking to you," she said, "Just reading the tv." Sorry the little ass tried to eat your coat.