Sunday, October 2, 2011

General Conference

Andrew and I smiling and looking directly into the sun outside of the Conference center. Please note our happy grimaces.

Andrew and I were fortunate enough to get tickets to General Conference. Even though I have lived my whole life in Utah, I have never been to General Conference, and I was really excited to go. General Conference is when prophets and apostles speak to members of the LDS Church and all the world. We went to the Saturday afternoon session, and got to sustain the prophet, apostles, and other general authorities. We heard David A. Bednar, Neil L. Anderson, D. Todd Christofferson, and L. Tom Perry speak--four apostles!--along with three other leaders. A sweet Primary children choir sang the music. Thanks to my Uncle Paul, we were twenty rows away from the speakers and almost right in front of the pulpit. We could actually see the speakers' faces! We had a really great time and I felt the Holy Ghost. I'm grateful that we can heard messages from modern prophets. I felt like the many of the messages were for me.


This pioneer ensemble were outside the Church history museum. The man on the chair was playing the saw!

No comments: