Thursday, September 22, 2011

Andrew's Birthday List

So every year I get in trouble when my birthday comes around.  The discussion usually ends up sounding like this.

Friend/Family: "Andrew, what do you want for your birthday?"
Andrew: "I don't know."
Friend/Family: "Come on, there must be something you want."
Andrew: "Well, ya, cash so I can pay for (Insert Expenditure here)."

This last year was paying off the car, but that's paid off now.  So, in order to avoid this conversation again I searched high and low to find suitable gifts for people to give and am even exactly one month early.  I've tried to get a variety of items so that everyone has something, if they care to.  Here goes nothing...

1) Pooper Scooper.  I would like a shovel that I can take on day hikes with me so that we can bury that stuff that no one else wants to see... like toilet paper!  Here's what I'm thinking of.  (For those of you that don't know "Russell" is synonymous with "Sarah")


2) Water filter.  Sarah and I love to go hiking.  I'd love to take Sarah backpacking, but we need a few items first.  One of which is a filter so we don't get giardia in the back woods and don't have to boil all our water.

3) Stove.  Along with the one above would be a backpacking stove.

4) Backpack.  And while we're at it, we both need backpacking backpacks.

5) Backpacking tent.  Its really hard to backpack with a 15 lb 7 man tent.

6) All those other fun backpacking knick nacks you find at REI.  We really want to go backpacking next August and/or September just so we can go wild huckleberry picking if Boeing ever gets back to me and we end up moving there.  If not, the Uintahs are just as fun to play around in.

Wouldn't this be a cool area to backpack?
7) Levis.  My Levis all got holes in them in the last month.  I'm down to one pair of Levis. I have other pairs of pants, so its not mandatory or even necessary, but it would be nice.

8) White shirts for church.  I'm down to one good one.

9) Pair of binoculars is still on the list from last year.  I would use them mostly for hunting and hiking, but would also use them for a little star gazing (at least while we're in Utah; too many clouds in Washington).  Looking back at that list I sure made out like a bandit.  The only thing I didn't get was the binoculars and the hoodie.

10) Asus Eee Pad Transformer.  This one is for the die hards.  I do have a laptop, but this laptop is kinda bulky and a pain to lug around sometimes.  Plus this tablet looks pretty cool.  The docking keyboard isn't necessary, but it would be cool to have too.  I would mostly want to use this for road trips and not getting lost in Washington (it comes with GPS).  This is a really fun item to research because it has Apple fans and Android fans up in arms and they clash on almost every review page. Some people really need a life if arguing over who has the best tablet makes them so passionate.  There's people starving in Asia and Africa for goodness sake (I even have more of a life than that - and that's saying something)!

Asus Eee Pad Transformer
11) Truck.  If that one is for the die hards, this one is for those who worship me...  That picture above, what is it missing?  A truck.  The Subaru is cool, but just think how much better it would be if there was a truck in it.  Haven't decided which one I want, but, you know, just in case someone happens on a million dollars overnight and wants to spend a small amount on me.  Just look at these trucks.  Don't they belong in that picture?  And check out the colors I can get!

Toyota Tacoma - I would get the Double Cab, not the Access Cab

Chevy Colorado
12)  Cash.  That's right.  I don't expect anything on my birthday from anyone.  Honestly its not that big of a holiday that anyone needs to get anything.  But if you insist and you still don't know what to get, money works fine.  I have a thirsty bank account that would love to have savings added.  Next year, maybe Sarah should do do this blog post again.  I bet it was more entertaining, like this one, or this one, or this one.

One last comment.  I just wanted to tell the world that cares that I love my wife.  Even though I wipe my lips off when she kisses me with slimy vasaline lips, I really do love her and want to help her be happier.  And now that I come think of it, I am SO glad that a wife is not on my birthday list.

"Sweetheart Cake" - Chinese cake literally translated to "Wife Cake" - I thought it was funny so I thought I'd throw it in.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, Andrew! I'm excited for your birthday. Ross and I will find something good for you.

Sarah said...

I will get something amazing for you!

And I am so excited to go backpacking.

Jennifer said...

Your blog posts are as fun to read as Sarahs.

Becky J said...

I think this is the first post that I read from you Andrew. And I thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially knowing how much you love Sarah. That makes me truly happy!

Happy Birthday sometime!