Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Carrots

I picked the biggest carrot I have ever seen in my life today.

Here it is: 
 It broke while I was digging it up. It took me seriously 7 minutes to get the bottom half out of the ground. It was in there so deep. I forgot to measure it so who knows how many inches it is.

But here it is with my hand:
 It was a huge carrot. I texted a picture to my parents.

My dad said: "You grow them better than I can". This is significant cuz my dad is a really good gardener.

My mom said: "Wow. Beautiful carrots!" and "Maybe glen[n] can bronze them :)" (meaning my father-in-law, who owns an electroplating business).

Here is the giant carrot with some normal-sized carrots, which are also a good size:


 

And that is my harvest from today. In the left section, there is a green pepper, a habenero pepper, serrano peppers (the long greens), cayenne peppers, and Thai peppers. In the middle part, there is a yellow squash, my first corn of the season (!), a lot of tiny onions, and some tomatoes. On the right, you will see the carrots, green onions, and cucumbers.

Hooray for the garden!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Awesome gardening Sarah! I attempted to grow strawberries and jalapeno peppers this summer. The strawberries did OK at best, but my jalapeno plants produced nothing! Kind of disappointing, but I think I'm going to try again next year. It's so hard to garden when you live in an apartment. What's your secret?

Sarah said...

I got a garden plot. It is 10 feet by 10 feet. I just went out and tried my best and was really surprised by the results! It may also help that I have been a garden slave all my life for my parents.