Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Davis High School Class of 2006

Today I realized that I graduated from high school five years ago. It was sometime in June 2006. Go Darts! I was ready to leave high school, but I had a great time. I don't have any pictures of my graduation (those are all at my parents' house) so you will have to live with some senior pictures.

Me, sitting on a very cold rock.


Me being skinny. Note to self: get skinny again. (What am I doing differently? I don't do colorguard, I don't walk my dog 2 miles a day. Also, nowadays I take birth control, which I secretly suspect for my weight gain; sit on my butt for four to five hours at work; and walk/stroll to and from campus each weekday (one-way is about 0.89 mile, but closer to 1 mile if I go with Andrew to the engineering area). But anyway, this post isn't supposed to be about how plumpy I am.)


Me with my cello, trusty Sam. Can I just say that I have never seen such an attractive cello as Sam? I love that he isn't glossy like all the other cellos. I was really good at the cello as a senior. Maybe someday I'll get back into it, but we'll see if I ever have two to three hours a day to devote to an instrument until I'm 70. However, I still play. :)


Me with my flag. I think I look a lot like my mom in this picture. I was in colorguard all through high school. It was a good time, but it's a part of my life that is over. I still enjoy a good spin every once-in-awhile.

High school was a great time. Here are some of the highlights:
  • Being in colorguard.
  • Getting a driver's license.
  • Going on some ridiculous dates that make for great stories (involving blood and another time involving gasoline, Febreeze, and exotic fruit juices).
  • Having a boyfriend.
  • Having said boyfriend's mother think my sole purpose in life was to make her son unworthy to serve a mission. Ha ha.
  • Having so much fun in a string quartet.
  • Getting awesome bruises from my flag.
  • Getting a dog.
  • A first kiss.
  • Kissing two guys in one night for the fun of becoming a True Dart.
  • Being a Social Sciences Sterling Scholar.
  • Being wooed by different universities throughout the country.
  • Summoning the courage to tube on the lake again (but still no waterskiing)
  • Getting all A's and never getting all H's (on citizenship). Getting all A's and all H's is embarrassing.
  • Making my English teacher cry.
  • Crocheting through English class (different year) and making the teacher mad.
  • Being stung by a wasp on my boob.
  • Being really really really tan.
  • Going to band camp. Wait, that wasn't a highlight.
  • Passing the AP Calculus BC test with a 5!
  • Not having to take science classes for two years.
  • Being in a civics classes with brainless cheerleaders and braindead football players and having the teacher wonder how I keep doing so much better than my classmates.
  • Learning an awesome cello concerto.
  • Having way fun with my friends.
  • Chilling in a place we christened the "Beer Hall"--not that any of us drank beer.
  • Having a curfew.
  • Making my parents enforce my curfew so I wouldn't have to stay at stupid parties.
  • Founding a major weekly holiday still celebrated today (I think) called Cute Butt Day, which is celebrated each Wednesday and is a celebration of butt slapping.
  • And making tons of other crazy memories with my friends Erika, Monica, Nicole, Kayleigh, Becky, and Kevin.
I have done a lot of other amazing things since then, but high school was a great time. But I'm really glad it's over.

6 comments:

Erica said...

Ahh, high school boyfriend's moms. Yikes. Does Davis havea 5 year reunion?

Melanie said...

Yes, cute butt day is still in effect, or so I hear from Leslie.

Sarah said...

I haven't heard anything about a five-year reunion. Maybe I'm not cool enough to be invited. Or maybe the Senior Officers are lazy.

Chase and Amy said...

I wondered the same thing about a 5 year reunion. And amen, I'm glad it's over too.

Kayleigh said...

You have the best high school date stories. I'd totally forgotten about the bloody mini-golfing!

We had some fun... but yeah, being older and not in high school is great.

-Kayleigh

AndrewBaham said...

It's sad...no reunion. There should be an orchestra reunion or something...