Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Thoughts on Reading

I'm in this online book website thing, called Goodreads. It's sort of like a Facebook only actually about books. I like it because I can list the books I read, rate them, and write reviews. It is just fun to keep track of them. On Goodreads, I'm in a group for people to read 100+ books in 2010. Good luck to me! I've only read 24 books so far. I think that's pretty good. There are some people who have already read their 100 books. There are some people who read 20-40 books a month. Pathetic? Oh ya.

I'm sorry people. Don't you have a life? I do. I go to school, I have a job (well not right now), and I have other hobbies. Plus, I read hard books. What should I do when I had to read 500 pages of scholarly articles last semester, which aren't technically a book? How many of you have read a scholarly book? Or do you only read sleezey romance novels, cookie-cutter fantasy novels, and Young Adult Lit? Do you even think about the message of the book? Or do your books even have significant messages? When you ready Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment in five days (as I did), you can talk to me about being a dedicated reader.

No comments: