Monday, June 28, 2010

My Pathetic Green Thumb

Andrew and I just got back from our week-and-a-half-long adventures apart (which sucked, by the way). I hurried home to check on my plant. I didn't get a plant-sitter cuz I remembered that the instructions said it only had to be watered about twice a week. I put it in the corner of our deck where rain actually falls so it would get some moisture. I was still worried that it would be brown and prickly.

But I came home to this:


It looks better than when I was taking care of it. How pathetic is it that when I neglect my plant, it kicks butt?

This did not help me feel any better that all my friends to whom I gave tomato plants told me that the plants had died within weeks of my giving the sprouts to them.

I'm backwards at growing things, I guess.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I have three of your tomato plants and two pepper sprouts that are still alive, although they aren't growing much. Sorry...