Sunday, May 16, 2010

Last Week I Graduated

...and it was great. I don't really have my diploma yet, but I checked my grades online and I passed the two classes that I actually had to take. So I am officially a college graduate! I can now proudly say that I have my Bachelor or Arts degree in History.


Me walking and giving Andrew a 'thumbs-up'.



Me waving to my adoring fans.



Dr. McInerney and I.



I tried to meet the challenge, but I can't jump high enough and my arms are too week to hang onto the horns for longer than about three seconds.




In front of Old Main, my favorite building.



Me and my lover man on the A.



The Mom and The Dad and I (aka, me with Andrew's parents). I was very glad that they could come up!



My parents and I. Of course, I was glad they could come. I am their first child who has graduated from college. I am also the oldest child and the only one capable of graduating at my current age, unless they had a super genius child, like the kid who graduated with me who is 13.



Andrew and I are so cute! He looked so handsome that day.



No diploma, so sad.



Diploma, so glad! Still no job opportunities, though. That doesn't matter. In the description of the college of HASS (Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences), they said that we are the intellectuals of the University. Isn't being amazingly brilliant better than having a job and eating?

Maybe that's why I married an engineer.
So I don't have to worry about it.

1 comment:

ScottBoomer said...

Good for you Sarah. You look great. It looks like all your hard work has paid off, you got a gown, a funny hat with a bunch of string hanging off of it and nice cover for a piece of paper. Don't you wish they would give you something usefull instead.