Sunday, December 13, 2009

Snow Day!

Yesterday the snow was so powdery and I just wanted to go skiing! Today the snow was much more sticky and perfect for making a snowman. So, after Primary wherein we sang "Once There Was A Snowman" twice, I knew that Andrew and I would have to go play in the snow.

There's Andrew working on our snowman's midsection. I made the bottom pretty much by myself while he tried to find his gloves, which were in the car. Then we tried to put on the midsection but it was too heavy for the both of us (I tell you, this snow is WET!), so then it broke into little pieces and we had to snow-cement them into a ball. It was so fun to make the snowman!

Andrew is very talented at smoothing out snowman bodies. He is a smooth smooth man.

We sure do love the snow, right Andrew? :D

Time to make the snowman's head. I love the camo pants.

Hooray for our snowman! He is an engineer (Andrew's idea) - please note the mechanical pencils in his "pocket protector" on his left side. He also likes to play fat bat and his mouth is made out of a banana. We had to get a little creative.

"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways... One, two, three, four..."

The view from the ground when Andrew pushed me in the snow.

Us and our happy snowman. This was the first time we have ever made a snowman together. How tender and special.

Time for snow angles!

Go Andrew, go. You make the snow angel. Flap your wings!

Andrew resting after a hard core hip abductor workout moving very heavy snow with his legs.

Ta-da! I feel like singing due to Andrew's angel: "Hark the Herald Angels sing!"

My turn for a snow angel! And a pretty cute picture of me, if I do say so myself.

Working on the snow angel.

I was flattening out the thing between your legs when you make a snow angel.

Oh how beautiful!

Woot for my cute little angel. It was fun. And we were very very wet from playing in the snow.

This calls for hot chocolate...with a Peep! They are rock hard and we found them in our cupboard today. I love Andrew's face in this picture. It's a face only a wife could love!

2 comments:

Erin and Matt said...

Fun! You guys are so cute!

Pitt Family said...

In never snows in DC and now we have a foot of it. You have inspired me and the next time Danny falls asleep, I'm going to enlist Bryan for snowman duty.