Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hawaii - Day One

In an abrupt change of scenery from my last blog post... I am in Hawaii with Andrew and Alison for a weekish. Ali is here cuz we are playing and she is awesome, and Andrew and I are really here for a wedding. So enjoy our first day of vacation!

Me in my very cute new coat (thanks The Mom!) and our bags, all ready for the trip.

Ali checking her bags - cute pink ones, too. Nice butt! Stay tuned for more butt pictures of all of us, especially Ali.

We're on the plane to LA!

I said, "Oh Andrew, look out the window!" And then he slammed the airplane window shut - but I opened it anyway and look what he missed out on!


Goodbye California! My first time over the open sea!

This is the cool map on the seat in front of us that showed us where we were. It was so wonderful when we got closer to Hawaii!

Wahoo! There's Oahu!

Our first picture in Hawaii. What cute cousins in front of the tropical display in the airport.

Andrew's cute beach towel loaned to him by Kirsten.
Dave and Kirsten took us to Dave's office on Hickam Air Force Base and showed us the bullet marks from the attack on Pearl Harbor. In the above picture, you can see some of the shots. In 1941, this was a barrack for the soldiers on base. They haven't filled in the holes because they are historical, so they are keeping them there forever. It was really cool and solemn to see.

This is the flag that flew over Hickam during the attack.

This is a monument dedicated to the soldiers in Pacific Wars: World War II, Korean, and Vietnam.

More bullet holes and a cool shot of a palm tree.

More bullet holes and the flag. It was cool to go to; you won't get to see this unless you are friends with someone who can take you on base.
We went to the beach on Hickam (another place you won't get to unless you have military friends and/or relatives) and Andrew and Alison did some skim boarding. Poor me had a headache, so I didn't do it. Andrew hit his back a lot.

More beach.
Alura and her new octopus friend! Everyone held it (but me, I came late and wanted to throw up, so I don't think holding a gross sucking octopus would have helped in the least).

I had never seen a real live octopus before, and here we were up close and personal! It gave Alura several hickies.

Sexy.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

ew, ew, ew, ew, EW! Octopuses are so freaking disgusting and freaky. They creep me out. Bleck. I have nightmares about them. Yuck.