Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Baptism

This last Saturday was such a good day. My friend Dominique (who I work with, and he lives in our ward boundaries) was baptized on Saturday. He was introduced to the Gospel by some people outside of our ward boundaries and they set up the most beautiful baptism. He and his wife, Specie, were baptized and I felt the Spirit so strongly!

Dominique and Specie are from Rwanda, and they have two adorable daughters. Dominique is going to school right now. Last week, I asked Dominique how things were going, and he told me that his wife had just had a miscarriage and she was really sad. I asked what I could do, and he said, "We are getting baptized on Saturday. You should come." I said I would be there, and then he shared something that really touched me: "I know Heavenly Father has a plan, and even though we are sad about the baby, it will be all right."

They were so ready for baptism.

The whole meeting was great. After their baptism, Dominique shared his testimony and it was a very mature testimony. Specie isn't very comfortable speaking English, (but she's fluent in French, as is Dominique) and she sang a song in their Rwandan language. Even though I had no idea what they were singing, I still felt chills as they shared their feelings about the Gospel in song. Dominique told us that it meant something like "God is good and He will provide when we exercise faith."

On Sunday, the Primary went on a field trip to their confirmation. I'm the pianist, so I went with our 4 kids to hear the confirmation. It was great and they both looked so happy once they had received the Holy Ghost.

I'm grateful that my testimony was strengthened. I have more of a desire to share the Gospel with people now that I've seen how happy it made this little family.

No comments: