Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Doing the Dishes

I actually hate doing the dishes, and Andrew usually does them. Sometimes we do them together. Usually I avoid doing them at all cost. Today I did them.

I thought I'd do something nice for Andrew cuz he does so so many nice things for me, like wake up early and be my exercise buddy even when he doesn't want to, tell me I'm beautiful when I really look like crap, and so on and so on. He is just a really nice guy. Therefore, I did the dishes. And I also didn't want to read the assigned biography on Cesar Chavez for school.
To make doing the dishes more fun, I made A LOT of bubbles, cuz everything is eight times more fun if bubbles are involved.

The pink sponge I used to wash the dishes. Andrew bought it (for me). Well not really, he just wanted the blue and orange sponges also in the package. I claim the pink one.


Nasty picture of me, but that is ok cuz I am doing the dishes!


Look at the beautiful and clean dishes! It is a symbol of my love for Andrew.

Another nice thing Andrew did in the recent past was clean up this room. I usually am the one who messes it up. It was great - I didn't feel well, and I laid on the clean floor and read for school while he studied at the desk. Then we snuggled on the floor and listened to Disney music and it was so wonderful!

We have also FINALLY gotten around to doing some decorating. It is hard to nail things into cinderblock when all you have is a hammer! But this is something we've planned since the summer. Our happily ever after sign and our Ears from our honeymoon! It is cute and I love it.

Well, Cesar Chavez calls, and I really do need to read. Basically, Andrew is my best bud and I love having fun with him on the weekends and being in the same room but doing my own thing while he does his on weeknights. Well, that second part I could do without I guess.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh!!! I totally feel your pain on doing the dishes...Dave and I HATE doing the dishes!! We just got a dishwasher last week and we are LOVING it! The dishwasher is absolutely the best invention EVER.

Erin and Matt said...

You're so cute Sarah! I love the Minnie and Mickey ears on the wall, so fun! I'm usually the one doing the dishes, but I came home from work the other night and Matt had done them all! Yay for the awesome husbands that we have!