Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cello Lessons

I have been teaching a little guy named Brandon cello lessons for about a month. I have a great deal with his parents. They pay me and give me fresh eggs - straight from the chicken's butt. It is wonderful.

I am really enjoying teaching cello to Brandon. I was so happy today when he came to lessons today and his D Major scale was really good! He also passed off two songs and he was really excited about how well he had them down. It make me happy to see how much fun he was having with the cello. I like to talk to him about his orchestra class, and to remind him that rests are just as important as the notes. He is really funny and loves making music money at his orchestra class. Another of Brandon's favorite cello activities is telling him that he already learned that song with his cello teacher. I kick butt.

I am reminded of how much I like to play the cello. I'm really glad that I joined the Cache Chamber Orchestra this year because I have missed the cello. Sure, occasional Church numbers are nice, but it is so wonderful to play something hard and then get better at it. My favorite piece is a sort of modern piece by Dag Wiren. Click here to hear my favorite movement that we are playing. Sorry if you guys don't like modern music - I do when it is melodic. I also love romantic music because the cellos get to slurp and slide around! So come to our concert on November 22 at 7:30 pm at Kent Concert Hall. It will be awesome.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I didn't know that you are teaching the cello to someone, that is way cool!