Monday, February 9, 2009

A Tribute to Wal Mart Employees

As much as I do not like Wal Mart, there are two employees that have gone above an beyond in making sure my Wal Mart experience. So here is a shout out to Beverly and Marsha.

Christmas season, 2007. My roommate Maren and I were on the hunt for mistletoe. It is important! Especially for college girls in need of a guy. So our search took us to Wal Mart. There was no mistletoe in the Christmas decor section. Weird, I know. So we asked this sweet old woman named Beverly where the mistletoe was. She looked at looked, but her search was in vain. We told her it was all right and walked away. Minutes later, we here a shout: "WAIT!" and here comes old Beverly hurtling down the store, mistletoe in hand. What a great Wal Mart associate. So we nominated her for a Superb Employee at Customer Service.

Trip with the parents to Sacramento. I had told my parents the day before that I was going to get married, and we had to stop by Wal Mart for a belt for my dad, cuz he forgot it. Anyway, we get to the register, and there is this tall black woman working there. I think her name was Marsha, or something like that. My dad talked to her a bit, and then he asked if they sell wedding dresses as Wal Mart. Marsha said, "No." And Dad said, "She thinks she wants to get married." Then, Marsha turned to me, and in her kick butt awesome accent said, "Girl, don' chu let no one steal you' thunder." It was awesome. Marsha's advise has become immortalized among me and my roommates.

So that is my tribute to the Wal Mart employees. Yay them!

And here is a picture of my cute gecko, Grendel. I thought this was adorable. :D Yay Grendel! He eats crickets. That reminds me, I need to feed him today.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Sarah you are amazing. I love the picture of Grendel! If I couldn't see the glass I could almost believe you took that picure in the wild.

Great comic too, by the way.