Monday, February 23, 2009

Ahhhh, LIFE

Ahhhh, life. Yes, life. I am doing really really well now! After a brief trauma, I am now doing awesomely. Congrats to all my cousin-in-laws and future aunt-in-law who are pregnant. Yay for you.

On Saturday night, Andrew and I went to see Much Ado About Nothing by Shakespeare, put on here at Utah State by five Actors from the London Stage (http://www.nd.edu/~aftls/ for info on their current tour). What this troupe does, is use five actors to act out an entire Shakespeare play, which means that everyone plays about five roles. I saw them a few years ago doing Hamlet. It makes things sometimes very confusing, but also really amazing to see how much voice, slight costuming, a
nd body language can create an entire character. Everyone playing multiple roles made things even more hilarious. Shakespeare is still hard to understand, and Andrew said it was sometimes hard to figure out what they were saying because of the language! Now he knows of my suffering!

More about my Shakespearian sufferings... We had to draw numbers out of a hat in class to determine which play we are studying we will do a critical analysis on. God is cursing me. I am writing about Henry IV, which is hard. Really hard. Histories are just difficult. I wish I could be writing about Twelfth Night, but no. Oh well. I'm meeting with my prof today and I think that things will be all right.

I'm also reading a really great book. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It is really great, and it is hard to put down. It is about some historians researching a Dracula myth, and right now, there are people dying as supposed warnings. We'll see how it ends. Andrew said it sounded like secret combinations, but I have heard great things about it and am really enjoying it. It is SO SO nice to read for fun, and to not just read stuff for school.

Less than 100 days (sorry, no exact count yet) until The Wedding!

No comments: