Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Memorial Day Fishing Trip

We went fishing out of Anacortes on Memorial Day. We fished for lingcod and greenlings in the beautiful San Juan Islands. It was a fun time.

IMG_0711
A beautiful morning on a boat.

IMG_0715
Just an example of the pretty places we fished in. One place we were fishing was off of Stuart Island, where we could see Canada.

IMG_0717
The GPS, depth measurement taker, and fish finder.

IMG_0718
Wes and Maren fishing.

IMG_0721
Hannah and I freezing.

IMG_0722
Someone caught a sea cucumber!

IMG_0723
Me and Andrew fishing.

IMG_0727
"Wow, what a beautiful place! Do you think we'll ever catch anything?"

IMG_0729
"No luck up here!"

We had only caught a few fish at this point. Nothing really amazing yet. Until...

IMG_0751
Hannah pulled in this monstrous lingcod--which actually wasn't hooked! It was trying to eat a greenling that she had hooked!

IMG_0753
Way to go, Hannah!
The cod was 36 inches (the maximum length that you can keep) and I don't remember how much it weighed.

IMG_0756
Fun in the boat.

IMG_0760
Brothers.

IMG_0761
Sleeping in the boat. We had to be there by 5! Everyone got up at 4:15, except me, who woke up at 3:30 so I could nurse Rachel so my bosoms wouldn't explode on the boat.
Rachel did not come. :( She stayed with her Oma.

It was so cold. At one point, I said, "This is colder than ice fishing!" And it was.

IMG_0774
Our combined catch.
I caught 4 rockfish, which you cannot keep. I am the rockfish queen!

IMG_0776
Us holding the fish. I do not like to touch fish. Also I look huge, but I don't think I really am that size. Maren also caught a nice-sized lingcod.

IMG_0777
Hannah and her fish. Wesley looking jealous.

We had fun!

Take us fishing again, The Dad!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

"So my bosoms wouldn't explode on the boat" hahaha you crack me up.

Oh, and I got your comment. I guess the blog invitation expires after so long if you don't accept it. Send me your email address again and I'll send you another =)

Karen said...

Exploding bosoms can be a big problem.

I am looking forward to seeing you next month!

The Bredthauers said...

That's awesome! Looks like a ton of fun :)

JennaStephens44 said...

That fish was huge...I'm jealous! The scenery there is so beautiful. You have a cute family :)