Monday, April 8, 2013

Welcome To Our Humble Abode

Here are some pictures of our house before we brought all our junk into it. Enjoy this little tour!

IMG_0001.JPG
Enter here! This is the front door.

IMG_0004.JPG
The view from the front door. Ahead is the kitchen, to the forward left the dining room, to the forward right is the living room. There is a small bathroom to the left, and we want to put a piano against that wall on the right.

IMG_0005.JPG
The dining room.

IMG_0006.JPG
The kitchen. Finally! Enough room for Andrew and I to cook at the same time!

IMG_0007.JPG
The living room. Now we have a green couch. I'm thinking about purple curtains...

IMG_0008.JPG
The back porch.

IMG_0009.JPG
The rocky and tiny backyard. We wanted a bigger yard, but this is a blessing in disguise. It is super rocky and we are digging all the rocks up. Thank goodness it is small! We are going to put a small garden in the back corner.

IMG_0010.JPG
Now we go up the stairs. I love these big windows. My house is so full of natural light, even when it is a cloudy day!

IMG_0011.JPG
The master bedroom. There is enough room for our bed and a small sitting area.

IMG_0012.JPG
Nice deep bathtub in the master bath!

IMG_0013.JPG
The upstairs hallway. We have three bedrooms (besides the master), a laundry room (closed door on the left), a full bath for the kids, and a "bonus" room where we put all our indoor recreation things.

IMG_0014.JPG
Rachel's room/the eternal nursery. The baby will always sleep here.

IMG_0015.JPG
Kids' and guest bathroom.

IMG_0016.JPG
The bonus room. Love love love it!

And the other two bedrooms are just like the other bedroom, except the windows are taller.

Do you love it? We love it! The only room I know what I want is the downstairs living room, and Andrew disagrees with my dreams of purple. If you have any ideas for other rooms, let me know! I have been scouring Pinterest for ideas and would love to hear yours.

8 comments:

Melissa The Beautiful said...

I love all the natural light! And I think purple can be manly color. Are you going to put up bookshelves? I love bookshelves

Kristen said...

Your house is so cute, I love it! I especially love all of the windows.

Karen said...

It looks very nice. You will have fun filling it up! Good luck on the purple!

Annie O Castro said...

So envious of your beautiful kitchen!

The Bredthauers said...

Wow! You guys got an awesome house. (AND it looks HUGE compared to Aggie Village). Congratulations :)

Kayleigh said...

Exciting!! Lots of windows to let in all the natural light during your six days of sunshine a year :) On an only slightly related note: remember when you helped me paint my bedroom purple? My mom has been telling me for years that she'd have to repaint before she sold the house... but she just put it on the market and it was immediately snapped up by a buyer with 4 daughters and they're all fighting over that room now. I WIN.

Ashley said...

Beautiful home Sarah!

Unknown said...

Sarah I love your house! I think the purple idea is a really good idea. My SIL did green cabinets in her kitchen and then a purple wall right by it in the living room. It looks amazing. As long as you do the right shades it will look awesome. Have fun decorating. Don't feel rushed into anything because deciding and doing the projects is the best part.