Friday, February 8, 2013

Progenitors

I figured I better finish up our Utah trip today since I am going back to Utah with Rachel in about three days. I really wanted to get this done sooner, but oh well. Let me tell you, getting a smart phone and an iPad has completely killed my motivation to turn on the computer and therefore killed my ability to blog.

Great Grandparents

IMG_0008.JPG
Rachel meeting Great Grandma. My Grandma had a stroke a few years ago and can't really talk, except for things like, "I... llloove... you..." and "Con... grat... u... la... tions." It is pretty difficult to string the words together and some words she just can't get out. Grandma loved holding Rachel. Grandma kept cooing and saying, "Oh... oh..." It was so so sweet. I am really glad that they got to meet.

IMG_0010.JPG
Rachel with Great Grandpa.

IMG_0013.JPG
Four generations of baby girls. :) I love this picture. (I finally see it---I do look like my mom!)

IMG_0027.JPG
Hanging out with Inge Oma and Inge Opa. "Inge" is actually Oma's name, but all the other great-grandchildren call them that. Rachel's middle name, Eleonore, is Oma's first name. She also just loved to hold the baby. Let me tell you, Rachel got smothered in German love.

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG
Opa has Alzheimer's or something, and the first time they met Rachel, Oma did not let him hold her. I could tell he wanted to. So when we visited them again, I asked him if he would like to hold the baby. He did. And he kept saying, "It is good for us to hold the baby." I thought it was so sweet that even though he has no idea what is going on or who anyone is, he felt that holding a sweet infant was an important thing.

IMG_0003.JPG
Opa's young pictures look just like Andrew, so that is what he will look like when he is old.

Aunts and Uncles

Everyone likes holding Rachel because she is so dang cute. But here are some pictures of her being especially cute with her aunts and uncles.

2012-12-22 08.53.36
Vegging with Uncle Daniel.

photo (1)
Laughing at Tante Hannah.

IMG_0019.JPG
Skyping with Uncle Matt.

And so on and so forth.

Grandparents

These people adore Rachel.

IMG_0004.JPG
Grandpa and Rachel on Christmas morning. The red-eye makes her look like Rudolf the Possessed Reindeer.

IMG_0001.JPG
Merry Christmas Rachel and Grandma!

IMG_0003.JPG
I guess my Dad really likes to hold Rachel in this position.

photo (3)
Talking with Grandma.

IMG_0017.JPG
Oma and Rachel.

photo (2)
Laughing at her silly Opa.

2012-12-29 09.16.10
Reading Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots? with Oma.

2012-12-29 12.11.29
Relaxing with Opa.

2012-12-30 11.35.23
The cutest picture EVER! Rachel smiling and talking to Oma during Relief Society.

Conclusion

Rachel was well-loved by her progenitors.




2 comments:

Karen said...

Rachel is a well loved baby.

Jennifer said...

This is an awesome blog. It is filled with genealogy. And yes - Rachel is a well loved little baby!