Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Randoms

I am quite happy today. And that is really nice. Not that I've been unhappy, but I've been quite stressed. You know, reading three academic books a week, plus trying to write a master's thesis, be healthy, and give your husband some attention can get a girl down. But today I am happy. And I have several thoughts.


So---I live in Logan, Utah. Usually it snows in September. There is a light powdering on the mountains, but it hasn't snowed here. Crazy. Not once. And it is November. It is barely getting cold. The trees are starting to drop their leaves. Some of the trees still have green leaves. The people I talk to think I'm crazy for wanting snow, but seriously? I've lived in this town for six years, and I know that the longer the weather is nice, the worse and more cold and bitter the real winter will be. If you want a mild winter, pray that Logan doesn't throw an Indian summer at you. But I am still happy. I love the way the mountains look when they just have a little snow on their tips. I also love crunching leaves. And I love walking through the trees as the leaves fall around me and hit the ground with a little ptt sound. I remain optimistic that I will live through the bitter winter and I will be prepared and everyone will complain and I will say, "I told you so."

I'm also rocking a new hair-do: The side bun. It is way cute, and it's a change from the normal lazy bun right in the back. As one who isn't much for doing my hair, and one who doesn't have much time to do my hair, this was a great way to feel somewhat stylish. Granted, feeling stylish has never been a priority for me.

Rockin' the side bun.
We had six trick-or-treaters that we know and four trick-or-treaters that we don't know come to our apartment on Halloween. Awesome. We have never had them come before. Little kids in costumes are so cute.

Andrew got a job offer from Boeing! We will move there in the spring. I will move there probably in May. We are so blessed to have a job offer, especially since so many people are looking for jobs. So, let me know if you want to visit us, cuz we would love to see your beautiful faces.

I gave blood today. I love to donate blood (what is wrong with me?). I have O+ blood, and I wish I had the problem my mom has, which is being O-, cuz then people would beg me to give blood. Anyway, I love giving blood. I went in, they poked my finger and my iron was good! This is often a problem for me, I guess I should eat more steak. Then I didn't have to wait cuz I was one of the first people there. I sit in the chair, the vampire iodines my arm, and the vampire sticks the needle in me and gets the vein right away (yay!). I go go go, as per my father's blood donation motto: "Five-minute bags." And I did so. The vampire was surprised I was so fast, and she took the needle out and put on my bandage. She made a cute little bow to match my outfit. Awesome! I'm really glad that I donate quickly and rarely get dizzy. The girl in the chair next to me started before I did and she finished way after me and then she was still sitting in the chair looking unwell when I left after eating my treats. I love donating blood. I love feeling good about helping others. I love that I don't get dizzy. I love the bow the vampire made for my bandage.

My bow on my bandage! I love it!
Did you know that adults have about ten pints of blood in their bodies? So then we donate one pint. It takes four weeks to replenish your fluids and eight weeks to replenish your iron levels. Now you know more about blood. (fact from http://www.americasblood.org/go.cfm?do=page.view&pid=12)

I am going to be an aunt! My little sister is having a baby and she is due April 15. I call my new niece or nephew Frances the Fetus. Frances is a good name cuz it could be a boy's or a girl's name. I am the best aunt already because I bought Melanie prenatal vitamins and milk to drink.

This is amazing. Watch the video. Listen to the music. Love the cello. And remember the families and soldiers who are out serving us. It's John Schmidt and Steven Sharp Nielson being awesome.


And another happy thing is that I got my dress for my cousin Alison's wedding! I love it! Here is a bad picture on my web cam of the dress. It is so beautiful and I think I am hot in it. She is getting married on the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I am her maid of honor.

My dress!
So with all of these happy things, you should be happy to. If you aren't, you can just go sit out in the freezing cold until you think of something to be happy about.

7 comments:

Erica said...

Congratulations on the job! You'll be in Seattle...? Right? Close to us in Boise :)

Rachelle Cornia said...

Yay for lots of happy things! I can't wait to come visit you in seattle and to see you lookin hot in that dress at Ali's wedding!

Becky J said...

Oh my goodness. Such a lot of news for just one blog post! Wow. And you're moving to Washington for Boeing? Sad but AWESOME! Your husband is my hero! And Melanie is prego? (That is Jessianne's and my way of saying pregnant.) Wahoo! (Jumping up and down in my office chair at work - I squealed when I read this post and my coworkers all looked at me strangely.)

LOVE YOU!

Becky J said...

OH! And I just discovered the side bun that I do along with the diagonal french braid. It looks nice and its fast. Yay for us who don't put too much effort into "frivolous things."

Janaca and Jared Seegrist said...

Sarah! I loved this post! It is always so fun when you can think of so many good things going on in your life. For me, when that happens it's like a breath of fresh air. Anyway, Thanks for posting that piano and cello duet, it was amazing and beautiful. Congrats on the job, that is always something to be grateful for with everyone out looking. Continue to have awesome days! :)

Stofam said...

Congrats on the job offer! That is awesome! Please tell Andrew we are so happy for him! And I love your new dress! Cant wait to see a pic of you in it and I love the side Bun!

Tasha said...

Sarah...It is true about November. But at least it has snowed once now. Does that count for anything? Yay for Andrew getting a job! Someday, we will come visit you in Seattle. We'll work that out when we get there though. My favorite part of your whole blog? You calling the (I'm assuming a little here) nice person who was collecting your voluntary donation of blood a vampire. Still makes me giggle, even after I've heard you use this reference several times. Also, I think they should make matching bandage bows for you every time. :)