Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Choir!

I've been the ward choir director for a year, and I have the hardest time getting people to come consistently. I never know how many people with sing in sacrament meeting. It is frustrating.

We sang yesterday in Church. Even though we had an 8:30 a.m. throw-it-together-in-an-hour rehearsal, we had a full choir! Five basses, three tenors, four altos, and five sopranos (and me, conducting and singing what was needed). I was so happy. We sounded good and our sound filled up the chapel.

We sang "How Great Thou Art" and I got chills. It was beautiful and I am so grateful that all these people came to sing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never know how many people WILL sing in sacrament meeting. ;)

Heather said...

I agree! It was beautiful and the spirit was very strong!

MaryAnne and Rusty said...

I totally know what you mean! THAT I don't miss about being in you shoes. But it is nice to know that if you do your part as best you can then somehow (and we all know what "that somehow" is)it will sound.

Rachel Warner said...

YAY for full choirs :) You are awesome, Sarah!

Heather said...

I am so sad I wasn't there to sing with you. Also, I am sad I haven't started coming to choir before now. I promise I will keep coming though. I love to sing.