Saturday, August 6, 2011

Awesome Cool Fishing Trip

So, yesterday I had one of the coolest fishing experiences ever. I was fishing on Pass Lake in a float tube. I had a bite and started stripping my line in to land the fish. I was getting pretty excited because I could feel it felt like a log. Once the fish splashed and surfaced this bald eagle swooped in from the trees. It spread its talons about 20 - 30 feet from me. It scared me half to death and let go of the line so the fish could dive to safety. The fish stayed on the line, so I kept fighting it. Everytime the fish flashed on the surface, the eagle came swooping down. I had no idea how to get this fish in without feeding the eagle. I yelled to another fisher to ask how to keep the eagle away. He shrugged his shoulders. So, by this time the fish is so tired that he can't fight anymore. I just decided to bring it in as fast as possible and hope the eagle didn't get him. I netted him and got him unhooked. The longest measuring tape I had was 18 inches, and he was longer than that, but probably not 20 inches. He was probably the biggest rainbow I've ever seen, definitely never caught anything bigger. Anyway, it was pretty awesome. The only problem was I didn't have a camera. Next time.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good job fishing Andrew! I love that story. It is such a good one.

Eliza said...

Awesome!Fishing can be so fun.