Wednesday, September 1, 2010

On the Ocean

The Dad chartered a boat with a guy named Jim. He was nice and I liked him. We fished out of La Push (of Twilight Fame).

The ocean is crazy! I had never really been on it. The waves were up-and-down-like. I got my sea legs, and I didn't get sick! Thanks may be due to the two Dramamine pills I took.


An exquisite sunrise!


The black spot in the water on the horizon is a WHALE! It jumped out of the water and turned around onto its back, just like whales do in the movies. We think it was a gray whale or something. I was very excited to see a whale, cuz I have never seen one in the wild.

The sea lion island. This is only about one-sixth of the whole island, and the part that wasn't solid cliff was covered in them! We could even hear them barking at each other.

The Dad, Elise, and Andrew on the boat.

This is the amazing boat parked next to Jim's at the docks. I loved the colors. It was old and there was a small fern growing on it.

I still intend to post fishing pictures. I'm just keeping you in suspense. Ha. Actually, Andrew and I don't have any fishing pictures on our camera, so we need to get them from his parents.

I don't like to swim in the ocean cuz I am scared of sharks and killer jellyfish. But I have discovered that I like to be in a boat on the ocean!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Wow, so beautiful!

Jennifer said...

I want to go on a boat in the ocean! Oh, I already have - when I went on a cruise. I didn't see a whale though. I only saw flying fish which were way cool.

Melanie said...

I totally didn't know you were going to Forks! And fishing in La Push? Man. That's pretty awesome. I bet Leslie is jealous.