Wednesday, April 14, 2010

First Fish of the Season!

Yesterday, Andrew really wanted to go fishing. Being the nice wife I am, and one who is trying not to nag nag nag, I let him go. I dropped him off at First Dam, drove up the hill to go to work, and it started to snow. I was already late so I had to leave him there. He wanted to go fishing. He knew there was a chance of snow. But as a wife who tries not to nag, I didn't say, "I told you so."


And he caught this big, fat brook trout! He was so happy (this is now one of my new favorite pictures of Andrew). He also found his new favorite Rapala (the Husky Jerk), which also got lost. The water didn't look too deep, so he went in after it, but it was sitting on top of poofy mud, so he went down to his knees in cold dam water.


But he was still happy. It's a pretty fish, for a trout. It will be very tasty, too.


We measured it with the hole punch, and it was approximately 14 inches long.


This is the fish in the sink. Elise didn't come to gut it, so Andrew had to do it himself. Luckily, I had to go sit with sleeping children while their mom was visiting teaching, so I missed it. Next time, I think I will make the fish's voice:

"Ow! That was my spleen!"
"Watch where you stick that!"

Etc.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Some men and their fishing....