Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Marvelous Revelation and Day in General

Today in my History 4990, I learned a marvelous thing...

effect is a noun

affect is a verb


All my problems in life have now been solved.

And it was a marvelous day in general. I woke up early and did yoga and I was so happy and awake all day! I should do that more often. I am all stretched out and was upside down for a bit so that pumped blood into my brain. While walking to school, Andrew did not look thrilled about my new-found gusto.

As my sister, Leslie, said two days ago when we called her to sing Happy Birthday to her, as it was Leslie's birthday, "I could hear Sarah great, but Andrew sounded like he was moaning." He isn't much of a morning person.

Today, a snowflake landed on my NOSE! Do you know what that means?

Pretty soon, there were raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles, and warm woolen mittens like the ones my mother-in-law knitted for me, brown paper packages tied up with strings; cream colored ponies, crisp apple streudels which sounds so delicious right now, doorbells, sleigh bells, and schnitzel with noodels (you know, my Oma-in-law probably knows how to make schnitzel, I should learn how), and wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings, a truly beautiful sight; girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes, silver white winters that melt into spring (come on, Mother Nature, it's freezing here in Logan...)

Not all of those things are my favorite things.

Then, History 4990 got out and I walked home. I entered the cemetery. There was no one anywhere. Well, no one living. So, I couldn't help but singing and dancing to that song. I hope the dead people enjoyed it.

It was so marvelous! It made me happy.

I came home and turned on Sound of Music on my iTunes. I wish I had the movie. I also wish I had some German chocolate. That stuff is so amazing. I want it. I need it. Maybe I'll go buy some dark chocolate Toblerone. Or ask Oma for some suggestions.

3 comments:

A and H said...

Sarah, you sound so happy! You totally made my day better! Also, thank you for blogging about the effect vs affect. I have never understood the difference between those two words.

The Bredthauers said...

Hey! We have the Sound of Music (but it's on VHS). We should watch it together (I LOVE IT TOO!)
-Stacy

Ashley said...

Ha! I loved your response about "effect and affect"! I can now lead a happy life! What an important thing to discuss in a COLLEGE upper division course. lol.