Monday, July 20, 2009

A Post

Andrew's aunt, Karen, told me yesterday that I should post to my blog more often. So here I go.

Things are going well-ish. I'm studying for the GRE and let me tell you it is wonderful. The most wonderful thing about it is reviewing Math, especially Percentages. I just love Math. *please note the sarcasm* I used to be good at Math, back in the day when I was in BC Calculus as a Junior at Dear Old Davis High School. I just don't think mathematically anymore, and that becomes frustrating when I try to review for this test which makes sure you can think logically. I get really frustrated when I struggle so much at math, but I think the worst thing is knowing that I used to know how to do all this math.

Andrew is being really great about the whole thing. He patiently helps me explain what I know about the problem, and then helps me and guides my math through the problem - the whole time I'm just sobbing because I'm so frustrated. I really love that man. That's why I married him.

Anyway... Hopefully things with the GRE will go well. I'm not super worried about it, but I do want to do well. I need to do well so that I can get into a graduate program. Thanks to our honeymoon, I decided to not become a teacher anymore. I'm going to graduate next May in History and then I'll start the graduate program here at USU and focus on Museum Studies. I really want to work in a museum! Then when I'm done with all that, we'll see where life has plopped me and my hubby. He actually suggested it! I think I'm a really lucky girl and I am so grateful that Andrew has my dreams and interest at heart.

I take the GRE in exactly one month from today, so wish me luck!

1 comment:

Chase and Amy said...

Good luck! Knowing you, you'll do great no matter how much you study. Thank goodness for awesome hubbies too! I'm still trying to decide whether or not to do grad school. Any suggestions? :)